Dr. Alyssa Honda, in her own words
- Raising a child takes a village. We will work TOGETHER.
- We give a lot of advice as physicians. Not everything I say and recommend will work for everyone. I try to find what works best for the patient and their family.
- Your child’s health is so much more than our 15-minute clinic visit. I like to take the time to get to know what happens to your child when he or she goes home.
- Whole patient mentality. I take into account all aspects of health, including any socioeconomic factors.
- Preventative Care: Much of our job revolves around finding a solution to existing problems. I also take the time to discuss ways to prevent illness. Why wait until a child gets sick?
- Advocacy!: If there’s something more I can do to help the community, I’ll do it.
- Community service: If I can help clean up your beach, park or beautify your school, let me know! I love community service.
HOMETOWN: Kaneohe, HI
HIGH SCHOOL: Kamehameha Schools- Kapālama Campus
UNDERGRADUATE: Santa Clara University
MEDICAL SCHOOL: John A. Burns School of Medicine
RESIDENCY: Stanford Hospital & Clinics – Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital
Dr. Courtney Taum, in her own words
Aloha! My name is Courtney Taum and I am so excited to be joining the Keānuenue Pediatrics ʻOhana!
I was born and raised on the island of Oʻahu and grew up in Kaimuki. I graduated from Kalani High school and went on to attend the University of Hawaii at Mānoa before receiving my medical degree from the University of Hawaiʻi John A. Burn’s School of Medicine. I completed my residency training at the University of Hawaiʻi Pediatric Residency Program. GO BOWS! I am a Disney fanatic as some of you already know, and I enjoy spending time at the beach with family and friends and eating all the local foods and snacks.
My professional interests include medical education and youth athletics. What I love most about being a pediatrician is having the opportunity to see children grow from the moment they are born all the way until they become young adults. I look forward to partnering with the amazing families at Keānuenue Pediatrics with the goal to bring optimal care to your keiki while having a fun time along the way!
Dr. Jasmine Waipa, in her own words
I was born and raised in Hawaiʻi and returned home after completing my pediatric training in California. I’ve worked as a pediatrician for more than 10 years and love working with families!
I studied sociology at Harvard because I’m fascinated by how society, culture, and economics intersect to impact health outcomes. I studied medicine at Stanford, where I focused primarily on advocacy, creativity, and innovation. I trained in my specialty of pediatrics at Stanford’s Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital, learning from world-renowned pediatricians. It was challenging and an honor.
I have a daughter who’s two years old, and she’s taught me more than all my years of training. I really enjoy sharing what I am learning with other parents that are on the same journey.
I love what I do! I get to help new parents navigate the ups and downs of rookie parenthood, which I’m experiencing myself, and it’s so rewarding! I even get to help more experienced parents deal with middle-of-the-night worries that come up, middle-of-the-day accidents, and of course 24/7 illnesses. Best of all, I get to grow with my families. I love watching new parents blossom into the world’s expert in their little one. I really love watching a tiny infant develop into a walking, talking, positively vibrant toddler, child and teenager. It’s the best job!
NOTE (5/26/22): I’m not currently accepting new patients. I’m proud and thankful to work alongside excellent pediatricians (see above) who continue to welcome any families interested in joining our practice. Since we collaborate in the care of all our patients, I’m excited that while my patient panel growth is on hold for now, I’ll still get to meet and work with those of you who choose to join our Keanuenue ‘Ohana!
Char Eda, Medical Assistant
I’m one of the medical assistants at Keānuenue Pediatrics. I was born in the Philippines and moved to Hawaii when I was 6 years old. One fun fact about me is that I am fluent in Ilocano and can understand some Tagalog. I strive to make sure that your family feels comfortable from the moment you walk into the office and that you feel that the time we spend with you is never rushed.
Brittany Marquez, Medical Assistant
Hi! I’m Brittany, one of the new medical assistants here. I was born and raised on the island of O’ahu and grew up in the Kalihi area. I’m a mother of one to an amazing boy that I love so much. One fun fact about me is that I can understand and speak a little Filipino. My hope for the patients and families that walk into our clinic is to always make them feel very loved and well taken care of. I look forward to getting to know your family and growing with your child.
Rosie Mallari, Front Desk Admin
I am the front desk receptionist and super excited to meet all of you! I was born and raised on the island of O’ahu. One fun fact about me is that I’m a boba connoisseur. As I’m often one of the first faces you see in the clinic, my goal is to make sure that I greet you in a way that makes you feel welcomed.
Our Values & Beliefs
The center of any parent’s journey is love for their child. We approach all of our families with the same love, an open heart and mind, and a non-judgmental, listening ear.
The most important thing we do is educate parents and children on how to achieve their goals. Through open dialogue, clear guidance, and informative videos and handouts, no question goes unanswered. We approach complex problems simply and systematically and make understanding easy.
As your trusted pediatric advisor, we’re here for you. We want you to feel comfortable enough to visit, call, text, or email whenever you need us. We know what you’re thinking … of course, we have a life and family too and try to keep a good balance so we’re not constantly working! So if we’re ever unavailable, rest assured that we’ll provide excellent coverage to help you in our absence.
Helping take care of your children is an honor. Every visit, you give us a glimpse into your life, your family, your values, your hopes, and your fears. We focus each of our visits on 5 key facets: mind, body, spirit, family, and community.
We focus on neurodevelopment. How is your child thinking, learning, and developing?
We focus on physical health. How is your child eating, moving, sleeping, and playing?
We focus on your child’s emotional development. How is your child feeling? How is your child’s self-esteem, confidence, and resiliency?
We focus on your family’s relationships. How is your family thriving? How are you balancing work and parenting obligations? How are you practicing discipline and limit setting? Are family members embracing their roles and responsibilities to help the family function well together?
We focus on your child’s relationships with others. How are they developing socially? How are they relating to other kids, teachers, coaches, or caregivers?
Our Mission Statement
*To provide the highest quality of pediatric care to infants, children, and adolescents and their families.*
- We believe in forming long-term relationships with our patients and families, grounded in mutual trust and respect.
- We believe in running a lean and efficient practice that optimizes our time and business to best meet the needs of our patients.
- We believe our services are multi-dimensional and will leverage technology to provide access, easy interactions with our office, and open communication.
- We believe in preventative medicine, so our efforts will focus on educating parents, supporting healthy lifestyles for children and their families, and keeping children up to date on their vaccinations.
- We believe in team-based care, that every team member brings value to our practice, and we work best in synergy.
- We believe in service, contribution, and leadership in our community.